• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yde
    FTDNA Customer
    • Sep 2014

Personal profile gone?

Once there was a page at FTDNA where the customer could write informations of his ancestry and other short information. Now I can not find it. Was it deleted during an update?
  • Jim Barrett
    R-BY55907
    • Apr 2003

It is Still There!

Sign into you kit. In the left hand column look for the "Order History" heading. Two line above it is "Manage Personal Information". Click on it. There will be six tabs that give you access to different types of information you can enter.

Comment

• KATM
      mtDNA: K1a3 / YDNA: R-FGC46377
      • Nov 2012

Do you mean the page found when you go to your name in the upper right in your account, select "My Profile," then click on "Edit Settings" for Contact Information?

That gets you to the page where you can add whatever information you want to "My Story," under Personal Information.

Depending upon which of the kits I manage it's for, I use it as applicable to direct matches to the surnames and locations, family tree, describe details on the specific heritage, and GEDmatch.com number. Also, if it's a kit I manage, I ask them to mention the name for the kit that they match when they contact me.

Added: I see Jim Barrett replied while I was still writing my response. There is more than one way to get to some settings from the Dashboard.
      Last edited by KATM; 18 May 2017, 07:05 AM. Reason: update

Comment

• Yde
        FTDNA Customer
        • Sep 2014

There was a box where one could write a short notice, max. 1000 letters. Of what I remember the customer at that time should click on "Y-search" on the Dashboard to get into the jungle.

There were things like this:

Show users that tested at least 67 of the markers that I did.
        Maximum genetic distance of 1 per marker compared above 67 markers .
        Do not limit search by last name.
        Last edited by Yde; 18 May 2017, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• KATM
          mtDNA: K1a3 / YDNA: R-FGC46377
          • Nov 2012

I've never used Ysearch, but the button for that seems to be on the YDNA Matches pages. I don't see any other place on the FTDNA profile pages, or recall any there, to enter a notice such as what you described, so it may well be only on Ysearch.org.

Comment

• MMaddi
            yDNA: R-CTS2509; mtDNA: T2e
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by KATM View Post
            I've never used Ysearch, but the button for that seems to be on the YDNA Matches pages. I don't see any other place on the FTDNA profile pages, or recall any there, to enter a notice such as what you described, so it may well be only on Ysearch.org.
            Yes, you're right. The OP is describing the settings to find matches at ysearch, not in his FTDNA account. He should go to http://www.ysearch.org/ where he can log into his ysearch account and add information about his paternal line or do a search for matches.

Comment

• Yde
              FTDNA Customer
              • Sep 2014

Thanks, I have found it. Of what I recall FTDNA once had a click-button directing to Ysearch.

Comment

Working...
              X