Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Features Requests & Bug Reports Area

Features Requests & Bug Reports Area This forum is for customers to talk about features they would like to see. It may also be used to report potential website issues and account bugs, though you may get faster service by sending those through the Open a Request feature found in the Customer Service link at the top of the forum page.

Old 14th October 2017, 08:28 AM
FTDNA Customer

Upgrade messages when I have 111 Testing.

I purchased 111 test. the site tells me to upgrade as I do not have this level of service. I have been getting this on and off for 3 Months now. Can you please fix this.

Your Contact service on the Technical site does not Post messages.
Old 14th October 2017, 09:05 AM
mtDNA: K1a3 | Y-DNA: R-L1308*

Do you mean that you submitted a Customer Support request, using the link at the top of this page? Usually they will send an automated reply to show that they received the request, and giving a Request ID number.

Are you saying that the form would not submit for you? Some people have noticed that their browser did not show the reCaptcha field, for them to check the box and then complete a question to show that they are a human. In that case, try changing to another browser to see if it will show for you.

You can also phone them at the phone number shown on the same page, in the "Support" section, under "Contact." It is 832-761-9634, and is available Monday -Thursday from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Central Time (U.S.), and Friday 9:00 a.m. - noon, and 1:00 to 4:30 p.m. Central Time.

FTDNA does not check the forums for customer complaints. Only sometimes will Darren (a support representative) post a message.
Old 14th October 2017, 11:12 AM
FTDNA Customer

I have a Y67 test and I am getting the same message. I can no longer see my matches. Some of the other features work such as the matches map. I have just sent an official complaint today. If I get a response I will post.
Old 14th October 2017, 11:40 AM
mtDNA: T2b5 | Y-DNA: J-M172

Everybody is having this problem. Sometimes, if you try a few times, you can finally see your results. Why it's taking them so long to fix this, I don't know!
Old 14th October 2017, 03:40 PM
FTDNA Customer

They may simply be too busy with the current Big Y upgrade. Or they have not figured out the root cause of the STR match list issue as it is not consistent. So for now, for those getting it, just refresh on your browser or hit that run report button if you are filtering the results. After a few tries it normally loads.
Old 15th October 2017, 10:24 AM
FTDNA Customer

I got an automated response stating that they are aware of the issue and working to fix it. I tried a different browser and I got the matches to load. (Chrome). Did not load in Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Old 15th October 2017, 05:54 PM
FTDNA Customer

I get the intermittent "You have not purchased an upgrade" at all testing levels (Chrome browser), have for months. Reloading/switching levels eventually makes it go away. Really bothersome, would like to see this bug fixed.
Old 16th October 2017, 11:42 AM
FTDNA Customer

Angry continues to be an issue

...just when I planned to upgrade both kits that I manage from 37 to 111. This is a known issue and it is ridiculous that FamilyTreeDNA can't seem to resolve. HELP! Appreciate any workarounds.
Old 16th October 2017, 06:41 PM
FTDNA Customer

Just refresh the page. Try pressing F5 each time that message appears. While the issue is annoying it doesn't stop the page from working eventually. Looks like FTDNA will be updating the site tomorrow morning, maybe the fix will be part of that maintenance.