Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Features Requests & Bug Reports Area

Features Requests & Bug Reports Area This forum is for customers to talk about features they would like to see. It may also be used to report potential website issues and account bugs, though you may get faster service by sending those through the Open a Request feature found in the Customer Service link at the top of the forum page.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15th May 2017, 07:45 PM
migoblu migoblu is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 56
Get error when uploading ANcestryDNA

I get this error when trying to upload raw DNA file from AncstryDNA:

The specified file 'dna-data-2017-05-13.zip' could not be uploaded. The file is an unsupported version or in a corrupt/malformed format. Please place an order for Family Finder or download the file and try again.

Any idea of what to do? Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16th May 2017, 02:19 AM
kevincmeade kevincmeade is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
I received that exact same message yesterday and today after trying to upload my AncestryDNA results to a new account I just created. I was able to successfully upload the exact same file to gedmatch, so I'm not sure why it says it's the wrong format or corrupt. I was under the impression FamilyTreeDNA was able to accept Ancestry's new format that changed last year, as I was able to upload others from the new format.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17th May 2017, 12:10 AM
Darren Darren is offline
Customer Support Specialist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 853
Hello,

I sent an email to my manager to see what may be going on with this. I will let you know what I hear.

-Darren
Family Tree DNA
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17th May 2017, 06:24 AM
migoblu migoblu is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 56
Thanks, Darren.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
Hello,

I sent an email to my manager to see what may be going on with this. I will let you know what I hear.

-Darren
Family Tree DNA
Thanks, Darren.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17th May 2017, 09:58 AM
Judyc1999 Judyc1999 is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5
Same problem uploading Ancestry DNA to FTDNA

Just for the record, I received the same error message when I tried to upload Ancestry raw DNA to FTDNA. Please fix this problem ASAP!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18th May 2017, 12:46 AM
Darren Darren is offline
Customer Support Specialist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 853
It looks like there was an issue with certain files from Ancestry being too short in terms of not having all of the data normally included in the file. Re-downloading the data should correct this problem, but I cannot rule out that Ancestry has not changed something recently. If you still have the same problem after re-downloading please let me know.

Has anyone received this same error with any recent 23andme transfer?

-Darren
Family Tree DNA
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18th May 2017, 02:57 AM
kevincmeade kevincmeade is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
I re-downloaded the a new raw file from Ancestry, and when I attempted to upload it to FamilyTreeDNA, it gives me the exact same error:
"The specified file 'dna-data-2017-05-18.zip' could not be uploaded. The file is an unsupported version or in a corrupt/malformed format. Please place an order for Family Finder or download the file and try again."

The confusing thing for me is that I was successful at uploading the same file to gedmatch, so the file couldn't be corrupt if they were able to process it correctly.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18th May 2017, 03:59 AM
Ann H Ann H is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 6
Question Exactly the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincmeade View Post
I re-downloaded the a new raw file from Ancestry, and when I attempted to upload it to FamilyTreeDNA, it gives me the exact same error:
"The specified file 'dna-data-2017-05-18.zip' could not be uploaded. The file is an unsupported version or in a corrupt/malformed format. Please place an order for Family Finder or download the file and try again."

The confusing thing for me is that I was successful at uploading the same file to gedmatch, so the file couldn't be corrupt if they were able to process it correctly.
I am having exactly the same problem - took the same actions, with the same results. I got my DNA results from Ancestry on 15th May 2017 if that is any help. No problem uploading them to Gedmatch.

Update 10.55 GMT:
I just downloaded my results from Ancestry again - in case something had changed since yesterday - and got the same error message uploading to FamilytreeDNA.

Last edited by Ann H; 18th May 2017 at 05:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18th May 2017, 09:14 PM
migoblu migoblu is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 56
Keeps happening with the same error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
It looks like there was an issue with certain files from Ancestry being too short in terms of not having all of the data normally included in the file. Re-downloading the data should correct this problem, but I cannot rule out that Ancestry has not changed something recently. If you still have the same problem after re-downloading please let me know.

Has anyone received this same error with any recent 23andme transfer?

-Darren
Family Tree DNA
Darren, this same errors keeps happening, after 4 tries of downloading. I had no problem uploading the same file to GEDmatch.com. Thanks for any help.

John Hale
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 19th May 2017, 11:03 AM
Ann H Ann H is offline
FTDNA Customer
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 6
Still not working...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann H View Post
I am having exactly the same problem - took the same actions, with the same results. I got my DNA results from Ancestry on 15th May 2017 if that is any help. No problem uploading them to Gedmatch.

Update 10.55 GMT:
I just downloaded my results from Ancestry again - in case something had changed since yesterday - and got the same error message uploading to FamilytreeDNA.
Update 19th May:
It is still not working - I just tried again. Please can someone from FamilyTreeDNA respond? Thank you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AncestryDNA Upload Error... ibuprophen Features Requests & Bug Reports Area 1 25th August 2014 11:59 PM
Y-DNA from AncestryDNA? outland Paternal Lineage (Y-DNA STR) Advanced 2 29th June 2013 06:44 AM
23andMe or AncestryDNA next? Pied_Noir DNA and Genealogy for Beginners 21 25th January 2013 01:28 PM
AncestryDNA Swennilsson DNA and Genealogy for Beginners 268 31st August 2012 09:48 PM
PF vs AncestryDNA briancowings Family Finder Advanced Topics 11 27th June 2012 01:10 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Family Tree DNA - World Headquarters

1445 North Loop West, Suite 820
Houston, Texas 77008, USA

Phone: (713) 868-1438 | Fax: (832) 201-7147
Copyright 2001-2010 Genealogy by Genetics, Ltd.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.