• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montagnoli
    R-Z36 | V3
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
    For you to have taken the full sequence test and have no matches at all, it must mean that you have at least 4 uncommon mutations. The up side of that is that there's a good chance that anyone who differs with you on only one or two mutations shares a common ancestor with you in the last few hundred years.
    I'm interested in what you've said. Please, how do you estimate time since the common ancestor until us? I've also done the mtFull test, and I have just 9 matches in HVR1, HVR2 and coding regions, one of them being an exact match (GD = 0). My mt hg is V3, and I have 7 extra mutations. Until now I've found no use for this information, so it would be nice to be able to estimate time from the common ancestor I may have with my exact match. If you could indicate some reading about this subject, it would be very nice too. I thank you in advance.

Comment

• Dora
      FTDNA Customer
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
      For you to have taken the full sequence test and have no matches at all, it must mean that you have at least 4 uncommon mutations. The up side of that is that there's a good chance that anyone who differs with you on only one or two mutations shares a common ancestor with you in the last few hundred years.
      Thank you MMadi for your explanation. Well, I guess I will have to wait for a long time until I get the first match with those weird, uncommon mutations!
      If several of my Mtdna mutations are uncommon, does it mean that this line of J1c doesn't have many surviving descendants or is it maybe caused by inbreeding?

What is the established mutation rate for mtdna? One mutation every 25 to 40 generations (about 500 to 800 years)?

Comment

• Lastsister
        FTDNA Customer
        • Sep 2014

matches for T2b3

I also have very little to go on. I have been at this for about 10 years. Sure I know I have cousins, and my line is supposedly from the Ukraine, (I also know that). I can't find any matches and only supposition that it is from the Yamnaya people. I give up!!

Comment

• wombat
          FTDNA Customer
          • Apr 2015

I got k1a4a1 with an exact match for base k1a4a1 plus two unique coding region mutations. I have one distance 0 match (from Lithuania, most of my heritage is from Latvia right next door; I suspect our strictly maternal line traces back out of Latvian to the Netherlands) and one distance 1 match (they have only one of our two unique coding region mutations) and they trace to Italy into the 1600s. I suspect that I might well be related to the distance 0 match within family tree relevant time frame. The distance 1 match could easily be 500-3000 years back though perhaps, maybe more towards the somewhat longer end?

The cool thing is that since we have three people with exact base k1a4a1 plus a shared unique stable coding region extra we could form a new k1a4a1j and then our distance 0 match and us could for a new sub-sub-branch k1a4a1j1! I hope they other two will submit to the proper place so we can get a new branch defined for us!

Comment

• crossover
            FTDNA Customer
            • Jun 2014

Originally posted by wombat View Post
            I got k1a4a1 with an exact match for base k1a4a1 plus two unique coding region mutations. I have one distance 0 match (from Lithuania, most of my heritage is from Latvia right next door; I suspect our strictly maternal line traces back out of Latvian to the Netherlands) and one distance 1 match (they have only one of our two unique coding region mutations) and they trace to Italy into the 1600s. I suspect that I might well be related to the distance 0 match within family tree relevant time frame. The distance 1 match could easily be 500-3000 years back though perhaps, maybe more towards the somewhat longer end?

The cool thing is that since we have three people with exact base k1a4a1 plus a shared unique stable coding region extra we could form a new k1a4a1j and then our distance 0 match and us could for a new sub-sub-branch k1a4a1j1! I hope they other two will submit to the proper place so we can get a new branch defined for us!
            if they manage their own mtdna and not a relative's then they can submit to genbank with no problem

Comment

• Nefertari
              FTDNA Customer
              • Nov 2016

I too did the full MtDNA sequence and have no matches under the HVR1/HVR2 tab but get one match under HVR1/HVR2/Coding Regions with a genetic distance of 3.

My haplogroup is U2d.

When I look at my results I have the following extra mutations (309.1C, 315.1C, 522.1A, 522.2C, T721d, T16172C).

As to what it all means I'm still learning

Comment

• dewsloth
                FTDNA Customer
                • Jul 2016

I am a J2a1a1e and have zero matches at HVR1/HVR2+Coding regions level.
                My MDKA on that line came from Lebanon to the US in the late 1800s, but the haplotype seems most common in northern Europe.

I have no idea about my ancestor's origins beyond her apparent place of birth.

Comment

• GST
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Nefertari View Post
                  I too did the full MtDNA sequence and have no matches under the HVR1/HVR2 tab but get one match under HVR1/HVR2/Coding Regions with a genetic distance of 3.

My haplogroup is U2d.

When I look at my results I have the following extra mutations (309.1C, 315.1C, 522.1A, 522.2C, T721d, T16172C).

As to what it all means I'm still learning
                  U2d is estimated to be about 23,000 years old, is relatively rare, and is found mostly from the Middle East to Europe. If you join the FTDNA U2 project and share your coding region results with the project administrator, I'll try to place you in a more specific subclade of U2d.

thanks,
                  Gail

Comment

• Nefertari
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by GST View Post
                    U2d is estimated to be about 23,000 years old, is relatively rare, and is found mostly from the Middle East to Europe. If you join the FTDNA U2 project and share your coding region results with the project administrator, I'll try to place you in a more specific subclade of U2d.

thanks,
                    Gail
                    Thank you so much, Gail.
                    I've joined the group and changed my privacy settings to share my coding region results.

Comment

• crossover
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • Jun 2014

oddly enough the few other b2r that show up the nueva galicia, and mexico dna groups don't show up on my great great uncle's mtdna results page

Comment

Working...
                      X