Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Features Requests & Bug Reports Area

Features Requests & Bug Reports Area This forum is for customers to talk about features they would like to see. It may also be used to report potential website issues and account bugs, though you may get faster service by sending those through the Open a Request feature found in the Customer Service link at the top of the forum page.

Old 16th February 2017, 06:21 PM
mtDNA: T2b5 | Y-DNA: J-M172

Dating of New Matches

Why can't FTDNA use as a match date, the date they actually add the new matches to your match list?

We now apparently have new matches due to the transfers going through but we can't find them by sorting by match date! This has happened on other occasions when FTDNA made a change of some sort. We ought to have a simple way to find the new matches.
Old 16th February 2017, 11:40 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoberlyDrake View Post
Why can't FTDNA use as a match date, the date they actually add the new matches to your match list?

We now apparently have new matches due to the transfers going through but we can't find them by sorting by match date! This has happened on other occasions when FTDNA made a change of some sort. We ought to have a simple way to find the new matches.
I thought it might just be a glitch in the system when I got notice of a new Y match and found they had also tested on Family Finder once I had to individually look to page 960 when I found him, next time when he still didn't show up I though I will go through matches 25 names at a time would you believe it more matches must have been added and he was somewhere totally different again. Sometimes I can find this reluctant ancestor and catch them when I look at the chromosome matching page not by name but going through alphabetically page by page. Sometimes I find if a match I have is on the very top line of a page and you hit in common with they don't match with anyone but if you search in a different way and they are further down the page there is
no problem. They show up so it does pay to try other ways of doing your matching if the first attempt doesn't work in the way you think it should. For some reason some people just seem very difficult to interact with.
Old 17th February 2017, 07:17 AM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoberlyDrake View Post

I completely agree, I manage 6 kits and they each received between 25 and 200 new matches yesterday. I went to sort by date and nothing new! It was a pain to finally determine that they are in there based on their upload date. Some of mine only did the teaser way back and now they are showing with a match date of my results. Should be the day they are added.