Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Group Administrators Forums > Group Administrators - Advanced Chat

Group Administrators - Advanced Chat Discussion forum for Project Group Administrators. Exchange experiences, ideas and interpretation of results.

Old 15th May 2018, 11:21 PM
FTDNA Customer

Since some project administrators are still missing the e-mail updates, here is the link to the announcement FTDNA just made
mailchi.mp/familytreedna/group-project-updates-about-the-general-data-protection-regulations

Mr. W.
Old 16th May 2018, 02:10 PM
FTDNA Customer

Any idea why FTDNA made it so Admins can't copy copy or download private results? Is it just to make it harder to share them with someone who is not an Admin?
Old 16th May 2018, 02:57 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddlingThumbs View Post
Any idea why FTDNA made it so Admins can't copy copy or download private results? Is it just to make it harder to share them with someone who is not an Admin?
Since the downloads would still be possible, to me that looks like a typical legal requirement.

It is easy to require the downloader to acknowledge some legalese before downloading. I think the same could be done for a select&copy action, but I do not recall sites doing that - maybe I am mistaken, maybe it does not work well in practice.

The important part of the announcement is that the downloaded data might be different from the displayed data!

And you had noticed that first!
Results downloading broken?
http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=43420
I bet the results you were missing in the downloads were from the kits with restrictive privacy settings. Would you be able to verify that ?

Mr. W.
Old 16th May 2018, 03:37 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna View Post
I bet the results you were missing in the downloads were from the kits with restrictive privacy settings. Would you be able to verify that?
Based on a quick check, it looks like download is missing not only the private ones but also some that aren't private. The "Export to Spreadsheet" function on the GAP results page seems to have everything except the private ones. Seems like download may just be plain broken.
Old 16th May 2018, 04:17 PM
FTDNA Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddlingThumbs View Post
Based on a quick check, it looks like download is missing not only the private ones but also some that aren't private. The "Export to Spreadsheet" function on the GAP results page seems to have everything except the private ones. Seems like download may just be plain broken.
Thank you for an instant response!

So we are closely watching FTDNA work in progress.

At least your observation has an answer.

Mr. W.
Old 21st May 2018, 10:20 AM
mtdna X2d, ydna I-M253

work in progress

" So we are closely watching FTDNA work in progress"
at least they were proactive on one front: The Member Information Report now has the added columns:
Access Granted and Publicly Shared DNA Results.

Both will be a real time saver!