Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Family Tree DNA Communications > Features Requests & Bug Reports Area

Features Requests & Bug Reports Area This forum is for customers to talk about features they would like to see. It may also be used to report potential website issues and account bugs, though you may get faster service by sending those through the Open a Request feature found in the Customer Service link at the top of the forum page.

Old 23rd September 2014, 07:18 AM
FTDNA Customer

Messages on home page

Hi,

The messages section on the home page doesn't clear. It's been the same message for some time - I have marked it as read, but it just won't do as it's told!!!
Old 23rd September 2014, 10:03 AM
FTDNA Customer

Hi Peeriedna,

We have removed the messaging field as part of an update to the My FTDNA dashboard for this very reason.

Some customers will continue to see the old dashboard that includes the messaging field while we test the performance of the new one, so if you continue to see the messages field it means your kit is one of those that has the old dashboard as its current variation.

I can't provide a specific time table but we will be working on revamping the messaging system in the near future as well. That is why the current system is being removed.
Old 23rd September 2014, 02:27 PM
FTDNA Customer

Is this also the reason why I don't see my mother's single mt-dna match on the matches map? It doesn't show up on her matches list while viewing the map, either.

k.
Old 23rd September 2014, 03:00 PM
Webinar Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofusBroadway View Post
Is this also the reason why I don't see my mother's single mt-dna match on the matches map? It doesn't show up on her matches list while viewing the map, either.
k.
Matches only show on the Matches Map if they've entered the latitude/longitude coordinates for their ancestral origin. So your mother's match probably hasn't entered this information.

Elise