X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gatty
    FTDNA Customer
    • May 2007

I am H67.I have 50 HVR2 matches,the latest 7/1/2015 (UK dating). 6 coding region matches,five at distance of 2 and one at distance of 3. The last coding region match was 7/7/2014.

Comment

• selah
      FTDNA Customer
      • Dec 2014

I'm waiting for my FMS to be completed. 23andme gave me B4a1a1 which threw me a curve so I ordered the full mtDNA. I don't expect to get many matches since whatever final designation I get, it's not very prevalent in the US. FWIW I have only 23 matches in FF.

Perhaps in the future more will FMS test. I think genetic genealogy is definitely long term.

Comment

• jedikatie
        FTDNA Customer
        • Oct 2014

My FMS results were posted a few weeks ago. I am in haplogroup I4a, and had 3 exact matches, 1 at GD 2, and 27 at GD3 on that level.

Comment

• KATM
          mtDNA: K1a3 / YDNA: R-FGC46377
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Howtree View Post
          I did the full sequence MTDNA test and received matches for the HVR1, 2, and Coding regions in mid January and NOTHING since. I cannot believe there has not been a new match at least on the HVR1 level since then.

I am shocked you have not had any new matches since 2014 though! Maybe FTDNA only provides one shot at matches with this test. Geez.
          Howtree, what is your mt haplogroup, if you don't mind sharing it?
          It really all depends on a person's haplogroup, how rare it is, and especially how many with it have tested to compare to you. Some will get a lot of matches, and some hardly any or none - until more people, with more mt haplogroups, test their mtDNA here.

FTDNA does not do only one shot at matches for mtDNA; it's just like the other Y or FF tests. When someone tests and matches you, they will show up.

Comment

• prairielad
            FTDNA Customer
            • Feb 2011

My paternal Grandmothers mtDNA (T2b-T152C! ) seems to be a rare/undeterminded haplogroup.
            Which incidentally ends in her childrens lines as everyone that could pass it on had sons.
            Even my Grandmothers sister only had sons.

My Aunt has no coding region matches either (2 years 3 months and counting), with only one HVR2 match.
            This match tested to FMS and is the same Haplogroup but has four differences at the coding region level, thus not shown as a match. Maternal line listed as USA.

My Grandmother was born in Romania near the Ukraine border, so I assume her mtdna group is currently under tested in Databases. Currently 10 listed at FTDNA ranging from Norway, Sweden, Germany, England and the US.

I just patiently wait and hope that at some point a match will show up, giving me a lead on my Grandmothers maternal line.....
            Last edited by prairielad; 23 February 2015, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• prairielad
              FTDNA Customer
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by prairielad View Post

Currently 10 listed at FTDNA ranging from Norway, Sweden, Germany, England and the US.

16, if I look at my Aunts HVR1 match list.

Comment

• stibo
                FTDNA Customer
                • Sep 2016

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
                My paternal Grandmothers mtDNA (T2b-T152C! ) seems to be a rare/undeterminded haplogroup.
                Which incidentally ends in her childrens lines as everyone that could pass it on had sons.
                Even my Grandmothers sister only had sons.

My Aunt has no coding region matches either (2 years 3 months and counting), with only one HVR2 match.
                This match tested to FMS and is the same Haplogroup but has four differences at the coding region level, thus not shown as a match. Maternal line listed as USA.

My Grandmother was born in Romania near the Ukraine border, so I assume her mtdna group is currently under tested in Databases. Currently 10 listed at FTDNA ranging from Norway, Sweden, Germany, England and the US.

I just patiently wait and hope that at some point a match will show up, giving me a lead on my Grandmothers maternal line.....
                I've attempted to send you a private message but it isn't showing in my sent folder so I'm not sure it went through.. Anyhow..

My maternal haplogroup is T2b T152C! My mother's mother was born in Manitoba (And with a location of Canada and a name like prairielad I'm betting your people are from Manitoba also) as her parents immigrated there from what was Romania (according to their baptismal certs) but is today the Ukraine. My mother did ask her grandparents about this and they told her the borders were changing constantly; these people also spoke a variety of languages including German, Polish, Romanian, although Polish was their common tongue. My most distant maternal ancestor had the surname "Tabak" which is likely Ashkenazi Jewish in origin. I think we are dealing with the same ancestral line, so I hope you will get back to me and I would be happy to share what I have so far with you (although this is most of it). I am considering full mtDNA sequencing but it looks like you have tried that with this line and to no avail?
                Last edited by stibo; 8 August 2017, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• prairielad
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by stibo View Post
                  I've attempted to send you a private message but it isn't showing in my sent folder so I'm not sure it went through.. Anyhow..

My maternal haplogroup is T2b T152C! My mother's mother was born in Manitoba (And with a location of Canada and a name like prairielad I'm betting your people are from Manitoba also) as her parents immigrated there from what was Romania (according to their baptismal certs) but is today the Ukraine. My mother did ask her grandparents about this and they told her the borders were changing constantly; these people also spoke a variety of languages including German, Polish, Romanian, although Polish was their common tongue. My most distant maternal ancestor had the surname "Tabak" which is likely Ashkenazi Jewish in origin. I think we are dealing with the same ancestral line, so I hope you will get back to me and I would be happy to share what I have so far with you (although this is most of it). I am considering full mtDNA sequencing but it looks like you have tried that with this line and to no avail?
                  PM received, I will PM you shortly

Comment

• MarioNavarro
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Apr 2018

Hi

I've received on 14/06/2018 the results from my mtDNA test

The Haplogroup is H3G1

However, I have found no matches at all with anyone !!!!

Not a single one !!!

Is that normal ? Or is this Haplogroup very rare ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Comment

Working...
                    X