• AFH
    FTDNA Customer
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Standisher View Post
    I know I shouldn't be ... but I'm disappointed at my results

British 93%
    Scando 5%
    Middle Eastern 2%
    Not at all what I hoped for. I'm a Celt with a little bit of other stuff in the mix. My family is from Lancashire with a Scottish mother so can't expect anything else? Any ideas on the Middle Eastern? Could this be an indication of Roman origins? .... I hope.
    It could be Jewish ancestry due to the expulsion from Portugal in 1496 upload to Gedmatch and check to see if you have any Portuguese, Brazilian, Jewish, Mexican, Puerto Rican matches.

Comment

• geltcheltnghelt2
      FTDNA Customer
      • Nov 2014

Notice to the commentators.

Only, will be accepted for publications or reviews that are related to the haplogroup R1b; Celtic Britons and the Anglo-Saxons, as the title of this forum says it.

Comment

• geltcheltnghelt2
        FTDNA Customer
        • Nov 2014

Notice to the commentators.

Only, will be accepted for publications or reviews that are related to the haplogroup R1b; Celtic Britons and the Anglo-Saxons, as the title of this forum says it

Note: Do not delete this message. This is a forum for a specific topic and not other issues that do not maintain relationship with the title of this forum. It is the latest warning to be given to the commentators.
        Last edited by geltcheltnghelt2; 8 April 2016, 02:08 PM. Reason: Correctios of the errors

Comment

• Biblioteque
          FTDNA Customer - mtDNA - U3a1b
          • Feb 2013

I am late to the game and just stumbled upon this study of Celtic Britons, et al. It is comprehensive and fascinating material. It would also be a good resource for a student's school project.

Your labour of love in compiling and sharing this is appreciated.

A study of the Celts has just been added to the Continuing Education program at Oxford University, England.

Comment

• geltcheltnghelt2
            FTDNA Customer
            • Nov 2014

Thanks for your opinion.

Thank you for your comment, Marietta.

My origin is Anglo or English and moreover show much interest in English as well as by the Celts.

The Celts are cousins of the English (Angles). The British Celts arise from the migrations of the Celtiberians who built boats for a few centuries and moved to the British Isles.

By this reason exists much similar between them British with them Iberian, especially with the Galician and Asturian as well as the Portuguese. There is also a similarity with the Bretons (Brittany -in France-).

The Basque language or called Euskera, it's the genesis of the languages that are Welsh, Irish Gaelic and Scottish Gaelic and the Manx language (called or named Goidelic languages).

In relation to the English are anglo in the majority of cases, but is also the origin of the Jutes/Jutish (Danish origin), Saxon (Germanic origin) and Viking (Scandinavian origin).

The British are cousins of the current Germans, Austrians, Swedes, Danes/Danish, Norwegians and are also cousins of the Celtic (Irish, Scots, Welsh, Cornish, the people of the Isle of Man, the Galician, the Bretons and The Basques, they are considered as Proto-Celtic or Pre-Celts, i.e. the primitive Celts of continental Europe).

Comment

• geltcheltnghelt2
              FTDNA Customer
              • Nov 2014

I repeat because in very important.
              The English are Angles in the majority of cases but is also the origin of the Jutes/Jutish (Danish origin), Saxon (Germanic origin) and Viking (Scandinavian origin).

The British are cousins of the current Germans, Austrians, Swedes, Danes/Danish, Norwegians and are also cousins of the Celtic (Irish, Scots, Welsh, Cornish, the people of the Isle of Man, the Galician, the Bretons and The Basques, they are considered as Proto-Celtic or Pre-Celts, i.e. the primitive Celts of continental Europe).

Comment

• mbreedlove49
                FTDNA Customer
                • May 2016

Celts U152-S47

We have a small group (~20) FamilyTree customers that have very similar STR marker values and cross 8 Family names (Breedlove, Newton, Hoskins, Grant, Johnson, Fraser, Morris and Taylor). Two of us have tested with the Z43 pack to be S47. Suggestions are that we will all test at that level.
                However, we have not uncovered a British Isles connection whose line is still in the Old World. We are largely Americans. S-47 is Celt out of NW Italy. We do not know how we got to Britain ... Belgae, Roman legions, or ??? But I am very interested in following the forum and perhaps someday connecting part of our genetic line back in Europe.
                ([email protected])

Comment

• GlennL
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Apr 2017

Originally posted by mbreedlove49 View Post
                  We have a small group (~20) FamilyTree customers that have very similar STR marker values and cross 8 Family names (Breedlove, Newton, Hoskins, Grant, Johnson, Fraser, Morris and Taylor). Two of us have tested with the Z43 pack to be S47. Suggestions are that we will all test at that level.
                  However, we have not uncovered a British Isles connection whose line is still in the Old World. We are largely Americans. S-47 is Celt out of NW Italy. We do not know how we got to Britain ... Belgae, Roman legions, or ??? But I am very interested in following the forum and perhaps someday connecting part of our genetic line back in Europe.
                  ([email protected])
                  I can trace my paternal line back to the 1500's in Lancashire England. With a possible line back earlier due to land ownership. Also my surname is taken from the place where we lived. I am Z46>BY3949. Z46 being like S47 one step down from Z43. I have Breedlove, Newton, Fraser and Johnson as matches. We both descend from U152>Z56, which I understand is the more Italian of U152, and rare outside of Italy.

Comment

• Nathalie AB
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Dec 2017

Brittons - West France

Hello, I started doing DNA tests, I do not know my father, my mother is from Fance Center with origins from the East.My father would be Breton, that's all I know about him (west France), here are the results I get with Getmatch:

Résultats MDLP K23b Oracle:
                    # Population (source) Distance
                    1 Anglais ( ) 8,9
                    2 North_European () 9.34
                    3 Belge ( ) 9,73
                    4 Néerlandais ( ) 10.06
                    5 Norwegian_East () 10,17
                    6 Irlandais () 10,32
                    7 South_Allemand () 10,35
                    8 North_Allemand () 10,46
                    9 Danois () 10.51
                    dix Frison () 10,72
                    11 Suédois () 10,79
                    12 English_Kent_GBR () 10,81
                    13 Allemand-Volga () 10,91
                    14 CEU () 10,99
                    15 English_Cornwall_GBR () 11.16
                    16 Gallois () 11,32
                    17 Britanique ( ) 11,9
                    18 Norwegian_West () 12.01
                    19 Islandais () 12,21
                    20 Scottish_Argyll_Bute_GBR () 12,81

MDLP K11 Modern 4-Ancestors Oracle

1 Maros_BA @ 17.499605
                    2 British_Celtic @ 18.093479
                    3 Vatya_MBA @ 18.630207
                    4 Alberstedt_LN @ 19.241859
                    5 Germany_BA @ 19.522142
                    6 Germany_Bronze_Age @ 19.522142
                    7 Bell_Beaker_Germany @ 19.634895
                    8 Hungary_IronAge @ 19.929916
                    9 British_IronAge @ 20.006157
                    10 Halberstadt_LBA @ 20.824640
                    11 Nordic_MN_B @ 21.194729
                    12 Hungary_BA @ 21.241493
                    13 Bell_Beaker_Czech @ 21.732986
                    14 Nordic_BA @ 22.255836
                    15 British_AngloSaxon @ 22.442015
                    16 Unetice_MBA @ 22.503523
                    17 BenzigerodeHeimburg_LN @ 22.566925
                    18 Nordic_LN @ 22.687254
                    19 Bell_Beaker @ 23.016430
                    20 Swedish_LN @ 23.306498

1 Bell_Beaker + British_Roman + Nordic_BA + Scandinavian_MN @ 1.419026
                    2 British_Roman + Nordic_MN_B + Spain_MN + Srubnaya_LBA @ 1.499508
                    3 Bell_Beaker + British_Roman + Iberian_Chalcolitic + Nordic_BA @ 1.501439
                    4 Germany_BA + Irish_BA + Levant_N + Nordic_MN_B @ 1.507771
                    5 Germany_Bronze_Age + Irish_BA + Levant_N + Nordic_MN_B @ 1.507771
                    6 Corded_Ware_Proto_Unetice_Poland + Germany_BA + Irish_BA + Levant_N @ 1.520844
                    7 Corded_Ware_Proto_Unetice_Poland + Germany_Bronze_Age + Irish_BA + Levant_N @ 1.520844
                    8 British_Roman + Corded_Ware_Germany + Nordic_MN_B + Spain_MN @ 1.540352
                    9 British_Celtic + British_Roman + Corded_Ware_Germany + Iberian_Chalcolitic @ 1.544449
                    10 Irish_BA + Levant_N + Maros_BA + Nordic_MN_B @ 1.545620
                    11 Baltic_LBA + British_Roman + Poltavka_MBA_outlier + Spain_EN @ 1.557151
                    12 British_Roman + Corded_Ware_Proto_Unetice_Poland + Europe_MN + Irish_BA @ 1.578123
                    13 British_Roman + Corded_Ware_Proto_Unetice_Poland + Poltavka_MBA_outlier + Remedello_BA @ 1.605611
                    14 Bell_Beaker + British_Roman + Iberia_Chalcolithic + Nordic_BA @ 1.619221
                    15 British_Roman + Corded_Ware_Estonia + Irish_BA + Scandinavian_MN @ 1.661066
                    16 British_Roman + Corded_Ware_Germany + Esperstedt_MN + Nordic_MN_B @ 1.663299
                    17 British_Celtic + British_Roman + Iberian_Chalcolitic + Srubnaya_LBA @ 1.663498
                    18 Bell_Beaker_Czech + British_Roman + Spain_MN + Srubnaya_LBA @ 1.674574
                    19 British_Celtic + British_Roman + Corded_Ware_Germany + Scandinavian_MN @ 1.684439
                    20 British_Celtic + British_Roman + Irish_LN + Poltavka_MBA_outlier @ 1.696218

What do you think???
                    Nathalie

Comment

Working...
                    X