X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jilski
    • Oct 2011

R1a1a and Z280 positive

i tested my ukrainian uncle up to 67 markers and his only matches are a couple of 25 marker matches with a genetic distance of three (i think). he also does not have many 12 marker matches compared to my polish father who is also R1a1a. no common surnames. the one and only snp i tested him for on the advice of the polish administrator was z280 which he is positive for (he is R1a1a). how common is snp Z280? i've been reading a lot over the months but i'm not as scientifically minded as many of you, lol...
  • PDHOTLEN
    FTDNA Customer
    • Feb 2006

I'm not all that scientific myself. But check out this:

With our premier suite of DNA tests and the world’s most comprehensive matching database...your DNA has met its match!

Browse around the different pages and charts. I suggest you join this project.

Cheers! (Don't mind me; I just had a glass of Merlot).

Comment

• lgmayka
      FTDNA Customer
      • Mar 2006

Z280 is the most common form of R1a1a in Central-Eastern Europe.

FTDNA has told me that on Monday, their Advanced menu will include a SNP called L1232 that was newly discovered within Z280. But we don't know its scope. In the worst case, L1232 could be "private" to the one person in whom it was found.

The chromats indicate that men who are Z92+ or L784+ are negative for L1232; but we don't know for sure whether L365+, L366+, or P278.2+ men will test positive or negative for Z280.

Comment

• lgmayka
        FTDNA Customer
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
        FTDNA has told me that on Monday, their Advanced menu will include a SNP called L1232 that was newly discovered within Z280.
        L1232 is now available in the Advanced menu.

Comment

Working...
        X