X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EBHIII
    FTDNA Customer
    • Mar 2015

Pink Bnnner: Haplogroup predictions are currently being updated using new data.....

I have a new pink banner displayed at the top of my dashboard stating "Haplogroup predictions are currently being updated using new data. Your haplogroup prediction may change upon completion."

Is this related to the March 2015 changes noted in this thread? Or is this a new change? And if so, meant specifically for me or testers in general?

Comment

• KATM
      mtDNA: K1a3 / YDNA: R-FGC46377
      • Nov 2012

EBHill, the pink banner is showing on my father's dashboard, and he's already taken a Z253 panel to get down to R-L1308 - confirmed, not predicted.

So I think it's a blanket notice. I can't exactly recall the last time I logged in to his account, but no more than a couple of days ago, and it wasn't there then.

Originally posted by EBHIII View Post
      I have a new pink banner displayed at the top of my dashboard stating "Haplogroup predictions are currently being updated using new data. Your haplogroup prediction may change upon completion."

Is this related to the March 2015 changes noted in this thread? Or is this a new change? And if so, meant specifically for me or testers in general?

Comment

• hfp43
        FTDNA Customer
        • May 2014

I manage ten FF kits, and only two of them have pink banners. They are both completely locked down ... can't do anything with them.

Comment

• dna
          FTDNA Customer
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by EBHIII View Post

Yes, it would be nice to have more explanation from FTDNA (ETA etc.)...

I do not see the pink banner on females (obvious) and those who took Big Y (good).

W. (Mr.)

Comment

• jtoml3
            FTDNA Customer
            • Feb 2014

I have this banner on my account. The suspense!

Comment

• KATM
              mtDNA: K1a3 / YDNA: R-FGC46377
              • Nov 2012

Pink banner is now gone from my father's account, and I had time to check two more accounts for males whose kits I manage. They did not have pink banners; one has tested for Y, the other only Family Finder.

No changes, either, to the two that had Y haplogroup designations assigned.

Comment

• dna
                FTDNA Customer
                • Aug 2014

In my case, the pink banner is gone on non-Big Y Y-DNA67 testers, too.

And they are all still plain R-M269 . That is their original prediction. One of the haplotypes was then temporarily predicted to be R-L21. While, after a recent Big Y test, I know that all of them should be under R-U152, and not under R-L21.

So two points for FTDNA. One for their withdrawal from the more detailed, but not accurate!, haplogroup predictions a couple of months ago. The other for not messing the predictions with whatever they were doing yesterday evening .

W. (Mr.)

Comment

• EBHIII
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Mar 2015

My pink banner and announcement are still in place. What "new data" is going to used to compute the new prediction?

Comment

• Tenn4ever
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Aug 2013

I've had the pink banner on one of my Y kits for a couple days. The predicted hap group is R M269.

I have five other Y kits which do not have the banner. Three of those have done further snp testing and confirmed hap group per the snp tests. One other kit is awaiting results on a snp test. And the last kit does not have his Y test results completed yet.

Comment

• RobertaMarques
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • Mar 2014

Pink banner and locked

Like someone else, I can't do anything with this account (my father). No chromosome browser, no 'in common with' (get a 403 page) feature of FF.

Comment

• hfp43
                        FTDNA Customer
                        • May 2014

My two "pink banner and locked" accounts were back to normal this morning.

Comment

• sshayward
                          FTDNA Customer
                          • Mar 2015

Pink Banner

I noticed the pink banner as well and I just got my brother's Y37 results. His was R-M269 as well. Is this just a very broad analysis? Seems like there are a lot of this haplogroup. Is it a common group?

Comment

• Tenn4ever
                            FTDNA Customer
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by sshayward View Post
                            I noticed the pink banner as well and I just got my brother's Y37 results. His was R-M269 as well. Is this just a very broad analysis? Seems like there are a lot of this haplogroup. Is it a common group?
                            I think a SNP test is necessary to confirm a haplogroup....one further downstream. Look at the 'advanced Y forums'.

Comment

• dna
                              FTDNA Customer
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by sshayward View Post
                              Yes, that is a very broad designation.

Please take a look at the Frequency table in the article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_R1b

Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
                              I think a SNP test is necessary to confirm a haplogroup....one further downstream. Look at the 'advanced Y forums'.
                              Although it is rather certain that your brother is positive for R-M269, as Tenn4ever indicated, only SNP testing can confirm the haplogroups (SNPs) your brother belongs to.

When viewing your brother account, you should see a link to a Big Y test, that could be your next option.

W. (Mr.)
                              Last edited by dna; 13 May 2015, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• MikeP
                                FTDNA Customer
                                • Jan 2015

I still have the pink banner. I put in for a couple of snps. Could the banner have anything to do with pending snp results? Or is it just random?

Comment

Working...
                                X