• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nygaard
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jan 2017

myorigins 3.0

myorigins is there to be a 3.0 of myorigins in the near future.and will it perhaps be more exact.than myorigins 2.0
  • cbeck
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jul 2016

And so it begins!

Comment

• KATM
      mtDNA: K1a3 / YDNA: R-FGC46377
      • Nov 2012

From the information that I saved for kits that I manage, it seems that myOrigins 1.0 was introduced in about the middle of 2014, to replace the old Population Finder. Then, myOrigins 2.0 was introduced just this year, around April (3 years later).

I'd say that the chances of a myOrigins 3.0 being introduced anytime soon are likely pretty low. We can always hope that FTDNA learns from the 2.0 update, and will be able to provide a better version next time. Perhaps they will address the topic at this year's 13th Annual International Conference on Genetic Genealogy in Houston, usually held in November.
      Last edited by KATM; 13 September 2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• spruithean
        FTDNA Customer
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by KATM View Post
        From the information that I saved for kits that I manage, it seems that myOrigins 1.0 was introduced in about the middle of 2014, to replace the old Population Finder. Then, myOrigins 2.0 was introduced just this year, around April (3 years later).

I'd say that the chances of a myOrigins 3.0 being introduced anytime soon are likely pretty low. We can always hope that FTDNA learns from the 2.0 update, and will be able to provide a better version next time. Perhaps they will address the topic at this year's 13th Annual International Conference on Genetic Genealogy in Houston, usually held in November.
        I can't say I really had a problem with FTDNA's myOrigins 2.0 as it seems to be fairly close to what my family tree shows, give or take a few percent.

In any case, myOrigins 3.0 should be interesting.

Comment

• liverman
          FTDNA Customer
          • May 2016

Originally posted by KATM View Post
          Perhaps they will address the topic at this year's 13th Annual International Conference on Genetic Genealogy in Houston, usually held in November.
          At the Conference, FTDNA reviewed their work in the year 2017 and talked about the rollout of 2.0. No mention of when or if there would be another version.

Comment

• Geborgenheit
            FTDNA Customer
            • Oct 2017

Thanks for info.

Comment

• KATM
              mtDNA: K1a3 / YDNA: R-FGC46377
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by liverman View Post
              At the Conference, FTDNA reviewed their work in the year 2017 and talked about the rollout of 2.0. No mention of when or if there would be another version.
              Thank you. I hadn't seen any mention of another version in all the blogs that were reporting on this year's conference. It seemed too early for a new version, anyway.

Comment

• Slam
                FTDNA Customer
                • Aug 2018

myOrigin2 is heavily outdated, with the likes of 23andme new beta release and myheritage update later this year, FTDNA need to step up their game or people like me who test auDNA in bulk will go with companies that update regularly.

Comment

Working...
                X