• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brunetmj
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jan 2011

No responce to privacy settings

Has anyone had to deal with someone who will not change privacy settings to allow an admin to look over their profiles?
    If so what was your response? Can we reject them from a projects?
  • TwiddlingThumbs
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jan 2016

I think you should only remove a kit for having Group Access Only status if, for some reason, having the kit in the project with that status would prevent other members of the project from furthering their goals. I'm not sure that would ever be the case. Usually, at worst, it would just mean that you can't help that particular test taker as much as you might like or can't integrate that kit into the rest of the project as much as you would like, but shouldn't prevent you from working with the other kits. I don't think admins should use the threat of expulsion as a way to coerce project members to provide more info or grant greater access as long as their presence in the project (with current level of info or access) doesn't hurt the rest of the members.

Comment

• Brunetmj
      FTDNA Customer
      • Jan 2011

I don't think admins should use the threat of expulsion as a way to coerce project members to provide more info or grant greater access as long as their presence in the project (with current level of info or access) doesn't hurt the rest of the members.
      No of course not. The single person doing this, so far , has blocked access to most distant ancestor section. Since this is a geographic project I need to know the information before I can place him in the group.

Comment

• rivergirl
        FTDNA Customer
        • Jul 2006

Perhaps point out the conditions and goals for being in the Geographic project.
        You should have these listed on the Overview and Background section.
        If they are unwilling to comply, you can remove them.

Comment

• Brunetmj
          FTDNA Customer
          • Jan 2011

If they are unwilling to comply, you can remove them.

I guess that is part of my question, Can I remove them? Is there a policy or guideline on this? Should there be?

Comment

• TwiddlingThumbs
            FTDNA Customer
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
            I guess that is part of my question, Can I remove them? Is there a policy or guideline on this? Should there be?
            I looked over the admin terms and the only possibly relevant thing it says was that you have to treat members fairly and equally. So, I'd say, yeah, if you have a legit reason to remove someone, you can remove them.

Comment

• LHolt-Galvin
              FTDNA Customer
              • Nov 2015

I have decided that when someone joins the project from now on, I will make it clear that they must change their settings when I accept them. I will remind them one time after a few days to make the change or they will be removed. I haven't removed anyone yet. The majority of the men in my largest project are deceased, so if I remove them, they are gone forever. I do not want to do that. But new project members who refuse to comply, I have no problem removing after a couple of warnings.

Comment

• Brunetmj
                FTDNA Customer
                • Jan 2011

Thanks everyone. I would suggest the same thing. If having access to a potential members information is mission critical, as it is for one of my projects, then not accepting them is warranted. After several efforts notifying them to that effect anyway. I will list this requirement on the public page also.

Comment

Working...
                X