Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
    And yet another match! I hope they get an L664 test.
    I have at least 1000 12 marker matches.Three of them match me in SNPs and they are relatives.

Comment

• Jan 2009

I have 13 HVR1 matches ,seven from Iberia and three from France.I have two FMS matches,one in Ireland and the other in Scotland.

Comment

• PDHOTLEN
        FTDNA Customer
        • Feb 2006

There are now 6 people in my B3 subgroup on the R1a project (Lapinski, et al.), including myself. Plus there is another (Norwegian) that I know of who is not in the project. Most are from Norway; 1 from southern Finland, 1 from Ireland, and now a new one from Scotland. So it looks like my little group had Viking adventurers among them.

Comment

• Jan 2009

There are now 6 people in my B3 subgroup on the R1a project (Lapinski, et al.), including myself. Plus there is another (Norwegian) that I know of who is not in the project. Most are from Norway; 1 from southern Finland, 1 from Ireland, and now a new one from Scotland. So it looks like my little group had Viking adventurers among them.
          I looked at the R1a tree and it shows L664 at 3000 BC.That is a few years before the origin of the Vikings!!!
          I am impressed with the R1a project.It is one of the best that I have seen so far.

Comment

• PDHOTLEN
            FTDNA Customer
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
            I looked at the R1a tree and it shows L664 at 3000 BC.That is a few years before the origin of the Vikings!!!
            I am impressed with the R1a project.It is one of the best that I have seen so far.
            I didn't mean L664 in general. I was thinking of my tiny B3 subgroup, which has its base in Norway.

Comment

• Jan 2009

I didn't mean L664 in general. I was thinking of my tiny B3 subgroup, which has its base in Norway.
              So you think that your ancestor got safely back to Norway after a raid on the Irish coast.
              You could be right.

Comment

• PDHOTLEN
                FTDNA Customer
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
                So you think that your ancestor got safely back to Norway after a raid on the Irish coast.
                You could be right.
                My line of reasoning follows an earlier exchange (on another forum?) that L664 has never been found in Iceland, implying that L664 were not among Viking raiders/explorers. Now it's looking like my B3 subgroup participated, along with other subgroups of L664, although they still haven't found L664 in Iceland. B3 may not have reached Iceland, but they at least were among Norse settlers in the British Isles area. As for my specific ancestors, I don't think they went to sea. My tight little line (within B3) includes myself and the guy from Finland, along with another along the Swedish border who is not in the R1a project. We may have been Forest Finns.
                Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 15 October 2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• PDHOTLEN
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Feb 2006

My line of reasoning follows an earlier exchange (on another forum?) that L664 has never been found in Iceland, implying that L664 were not among Viking raiders/explorers. Now it's looking like my B3 subgroup participated, along with other subgroups of L664, although they still haven't found L664 in Iceland. B3 may not have reached Iceland, but they at least were among Norse settlers in the British Isles area. As for my specific ancestors, I don't think they went to sea. My tight little line (within B3) includes myself and the guy from Finland, along with another along the Swedish border who is not in the R1a project. We may have been Forest Finns.
                  Looking at my little B3 group again, I'll have to modify my theory somewhat. I can't really say there is a tight line within B3 that I belong to. The whole group diverges from each other; but I'm not going to try to count the steps between them. Suffice it to say we (B3) are separate and distinct from the other groups within L664. The only match reported on my FTDNA personal pages is the missing one from along the Swedish border (7 steps at 67). Well, there are low level matches (probably not B3) at FTDNA, but they aren't in the R1a project as far as I can tell. Then there is my controversial proposal that B3 came from Finland eons ago, and not up from Germany as conventional wisdom has it.
                  Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 17 October 2013, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• PDHOTLEN
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Feb 2006

My L664, group B, may have come into southern Finland from the east with the Corded Ware Culture.

Comment

• Alert
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • Feb 2018

L664 here in England, but have yet to find out my subclade

Comment

• PDHOTLEN
                        FTDNA Customer
                        • Feb 2006

My L664, group B, may have come into southern Finland from the east with the Corded Ware Cult
                        I no longer especially think that my R-L664 came by way of Finland. It is just the standard Germanic or Pre-Germanic as the experts say it is. The ancestors of the sample from Finland would have got there by way of Sweden.

Comment

• BMolesy
                          FTDNA Customer
                          • May 2023

I haven't managed to do the Big Y test yet, but an estimation of my Y haplo from my Ancestry test, has estimated me in the R-L664 haplogroup. My paper tree, if accurate, goes back in the Molesworth family, to the Lindsay clan, back to Normandy, and to Adgillis, King of Fresia, around 725AD.

Comment

Working...
                          X