View Single Post
Old 13th March 2017, 05:18 AM
FTDNA Customer

I think when my friend in America created the page he added me as the primary admin who holds the full admin control to the page rather than a Co Admin, This might be the reason why he was wondering why I seem to have more admin rights to our page than he does as our Site creator, So maybe if he was to go back into the settings & have a look at the admin roles section,He may be able to un-tick something that will re set my admin privileges from being the primary administrator of the page to a co admin ?, If not maybe FTDNA admin might be able to sort this out for us,Or maybe if he asked FTDNA admin to delete my details altogether this might even be a better option as I can then re join our group under normal settings ?

Myself & This other guy are all very new to this whole DNA thing & even the setting up of associated groups such as this surname project that we descided to have a go at.

The thing is though even though I'm admin & receiving emails from people wishing to join I can't approve any of them, It's like I'm blocked, I tried a number of different admin things & every time I try I'm prevented from doing so

What I then done was I deleted my account thinking id be deleting it in its entirety with the intention of re joining again, But what I actually did was just delete myself as a member of the group but I'm still attached to this site as admin through this Gap tool & because I'm no longer a member of the group, As admin I now can't even gain access onto the site, I can't even delete my own admin account nor can the other guy who is the sole remaining admin.

I've been trying to log in under my user name that I created but it won't let me, I then tried using my own personal FTDNA account kit number & password, I can get in that way & view everything, But again I'm blocked from using all admin features, I went down the route of trying to create a new user name & password, But because I'm using the same email address I'm blocked because an admin is already using that email address & user name

What I really need to do is to shut down my admin account in its entirety & then re apply again,basically start from scratch But I nor the other guy in Philidelphia can figure out how to delete me from the admin team to our page

We are so inexperienced at this, We're going to run into all sorts of issues until we get to grips with things and get comfortable with using this very complicated Gap system

As admin we really do need to know how to add & delete members from our group should we feel it may be necessary to do so, This is why I'm turning to you guys who are alot more experienced in this field than I am to see if you can provide me with some advice which may help rectify our current situation

Thanks Patrick