• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lmtibbs
    FTDNA Customer
    • Mar 2017

Y-DNA match with Halpogroup E-M35

My uncles Haplogroup is E-M35 but he matches people at the 37 and 67 marker that dont have the same group. I thought my uncle would only have matches to the same group. He also doesn't have any matches to anyone with the same last name, Feinberg, which I thought should happen since its paternal. And unfortunately, I only know his line two generations back

How do I interpret these results?

Laura
  • travers
    FTDNA Customer
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by lmtibbs View Post
    My uncles Haplogroup is E-M35 but he matches people at the 37 and 67 marker that dont have the same group. I thought my uncle would only have matches to the same group. He also doesn't have any matches to anyone with the same last name, Feinberg, which I thought should happen since its paternal. And unfortunately, I only know his line two generations back

Laura
    You didn't provide much info for anyone to help you. What are the Haplogroups of the men your uncle is matching? How close are these matches a 37 and 67 markers?

Comment

• Jim Barrett
      R-BY55907
      • Apr 2003

When you look at your uncles "Haplotree & SNPs" is his Haplogroup listed as predicted or tested? When you look at your uncles matches having a Haplogroup that is different from his, do they have a value in the "Terminal SNP" column? What are some of the Haplogroups that are different from your uncle's?

As already asked above, what is the genetic difference for these matches?

You need to help us help you!

Comment

• dna
        FTDNA Customer
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by lmtibbs View Post
        [----] unfortunately, I only know his line two generations back

Laura
        Since you know his line only for two generations back, please have him take the Family Finder test.

Back to your main query. In my opinion, there is nothing else but an upgrade to Y-DNA111 or some sort of SNP test (SNP pack or Big Y). If your uncle has matches at the Genetic Distance 0 or 1, and one of those matches either had Big Y or SNP pack, terminal SNP those matches have should guide you towards the right SNP pack.

Mr. W

Comment

• JMAisHere
          FTDNA Customer
          • Oct 2017

If you do an Y67 test, FTDNA will assign a haplogroup. If a person has done more testing, they will be assigned "new" names further down in the Ytree. I try to show that with the attached image. They are still in the same haplogroup.

You might get your Ytree location further refined, if you join a project (some smart people there who can guide how to get further down in the Ytree).

Attached Files

Comment

• Jim Barrett
            R-BY55907
            • Apr 2003

Laura Where Are You?

Have you notice that Laura hasn't answered any of our questions?

Comment

Working...
            X