• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudgeeclarke
    FTDNA Customer
    • May 2011

Y Search - GEDCOM upload

Anyone had trouble uploading a revised gedcom lately?

I've tried a few times today (within file size limits and .ged) but 'resource not found'. Foolishly, after failing on my first attempt, I deleted the old tree first instead of allowing an overwrite, hoping for a better outcome.

I read the note about a proposed merger of paternal/maternal pedigrees 'in 2012'.

I don't see any recent posts here about trouble uploading new geds though ...
  • thetick
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jul 2010

I had no problems updating my gedcom about 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• efgen
      Webinar Coordinator
      • Dec 2005

Are you asking about Ysearch or myFTDNA? Your message says Ysearch, but some of what you wrote actually applies to myFTDNA

Ysearch GEDCOM uploads have been broken for ages, and unfortunately I have no idea when it will be fixed (IT is aware, but it's not at the top of the priority list).

myFTDNA GEDCOM uploads should be working, although I think I've seen a couple other reports of issues in the last day or so. Not sure if this has been reported to IT yet.

Also, it's the myFTDNA upload that is going to a single combined maternal/paternal GEDCOM vs two separate GEDCOMs. Ysearch has only ever allowed one GEDCOM (when it was working).

Elise

Comment

• Mudgeeclarke
        FTDNA Customer
        • May 2011

Originally posted by efgen View Post
        ... Are you asking about Ysearch or myFTDNA? Your message says Ysearch, but some of what you wrote actually applies to myFTDNA
        Elise ...
        Oops, sorry, Elise, it's been a loooong day. :-) I uploaded first to FTDNA (successfully) and saw the notes about future changes. It was Y Search I was trying to upload to, and couldn't. I didn't know it was 'broke'. Sigh. Too bad. I hope IT gets around to fixing it soon.

(I thought I might have needed a gencom file)

Comment

• Stevo
          R1b-FGC36981
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Mudgeeclarke View Post
          Oops, sorry, Elise, it's been a loooong day. :-) I uploaded first to FTDNA (successfully) and saw the notes about future changes. It was Y Search I was trying to upload to, and couldn't. I didn't know it was 'broke'. Sigh. Too bad. I hope IT gets around to fixing it soon.

(I thought I might have needed a gencom file)
          I had the same experience.

I recently updated my gedcom and successfully uploaded it to my "myFTDNA" pages. When I tried to update the gedcom entry for my Ysearch entry, it didn't work.

I likewise hope FTDNA fixes that soon.

Comment

• James_in_Utah
            FTDNA Customer
            • Jan 2016

YSearch GedCom upload still Broken

Here it is 5 years later, and the YSearch Gedcom upload is still Broken. Sad....

Comment

• B7206
              FTDNA Customer
              • Aug 2016

Can't upload Gedcom

My Gedcom is from Geni.com
              I can't upload it to Family Tree DNA. Is there a certain size or file extension I need?

Comment

Working...
              X