• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arabella
    FTDNA Customer
    • Apr 2017

Batch 727

Another delay for Family Finder (newest 'potential date' is 26 April through 10 May) for Batch 727. Has anyone gotten any results for this batch? I think MasonX mentioned they got 'some' back. Hopefully this will be the last wait as these results are for an older relative and I do not want the chance of this test having to be retaken again by them. I always worry when delays happen. I did call in when the first delay happened to ask if there was anything wrong with the sample and they said no, but until those full results are back, I will continue to wonder.

Comment

• MasonX
      FTDNA Customer
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Arabella View Post
      Another delay for Family Finder (newest 'potential date' is 26 April through 10 May) for Batch 727. Has anyone gotten any results for this batch? I think MasonX mentioned they got 'some' back. Hopefully this will be the last wait as these results are for an older relative and I do not want the chance of this test having to be retaken again by them. I always worry when delays happen. I did call in when the first delay happened to ask if there was anything wrong with the sample and they said no, but until those full results are back, I will continue to wonder.
      Everything is in now. This is my dad's results. Family Finder matches came in this morning. My origins and ancient origins were up last night.Also did a mtfullsequence which came in first.

I saw someone else that got their results from this batch before me. I got the delayed notices too but I guess they were being overly conservative this time.

Comment

• loop
        FTDNA Customer
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by MasonX View Post
        Everything is in now. This is my dad's results. Family Finder matches came in this morning. My origins and ancient origins were up last night.Also did a mtfullsequence which came in first.

I saw someone else that got their results from this batch before me. I got the delayed notices too but I guess they were being overly conservative this time.
        Same batch:
        Mine are in tooooooo !!! SO happy!!

Comment

• Arabella
          FTDNA Customer
          • Apr 2017

Batch 727

Thanks MasonX and loop. Just checked Family Finder account. First time I looked it said still pending for My Origins so I then took a look at the other items in the Family Finder Results. Ancient Origins showed up and then when when I rechecked My Origins it suddenly appeared. Still waiting for matches. Result for My Origins came back as 100% British Isles. I wonder what it would have shown a couple of weeks ago before My Origins version 2 came out, which I am actually skeptical of. Version 1 was way more accurate for many of my family member's DNA tests that I Administer.

I think I will now have this relation do the LivingDNA test which started in 2016 and is out of the UK. It is supposed to be able to document a large number of exact UK locations. They are also trying to refine Ireland, Scotland and Germany's results and those should be available in the near future too. This relative is the first cousin of my grandmother and my Grandmother was born in 1902 so I was very worried that the test may not have worked out! She is the only one left alive of that generation and I can't believe that I found her. She lives in NZ and it took a lot of sleuthing. So excited that I now have her DNA results and can hopefully find common matches.

Comment

• MasonX
            FTDNA Customer
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Arabella View Post
            Thanks MasonX and loop. Just checked Family Finder account. First time I looked it said still pending for My Origins so I then took a look at the other items in the Family Finder Results. Ancient Origins showed up and then when when I rechecked My Origins it suddenly appeared. Still waiting for matches. Result for My Origins came back as 100% British Isles. I wonder what it would have shown a couple of weeks ago before My Origins version 2 came out, which I am actually skeptical of. Version 1 was way more accurate for many of my family member's DNA tests that I Administer.

I think I will now have this relation do the LivingDNA test which started in 2016 and is out of the UK. It is supposed to be able to document a large number of exact UK locations. They are also trying to refine Ireland, Scotland and Germany's results and those should be available in the near future too. This relative is the first cousin of my grandmother and my Grandmother was born in 1902 so I was very worried that the test may not have worked out! She is the only one left alive of that generation and I can't believe that I found her. She lives in NZ and it took a lot of sleuthing. So excited that I now have her DNA results and can hopefully find common matches.
            Upload your results to GEDmatch when the raw data becomes available.

Comment

• Arabella
              FTDNA Customer
              • Apr 2017

Upload your results to GEDmatch when the raw data becomes available.

Absolutely!! I have placed every family member's DNA there. I hope everyone else who gets DNA from various companies will post their results there too. I also hope, since GEDmatch is a free service, that people will 'donate' $10 to them to obtain the Tier 1 level for a month. GEDmatch offers a great site for all of us to use and it would be nice to offer a little "Thank You" back to them.

Comment

• KATM
                mtDNA: K1a3 / YDNA: R-FGC46377
                • Nov 2012

Always make sure you get permission to do so from any person who has results that you want to upload to GEDmatch.com.

Comment

• vinceuher
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Feb 2017

Delayed yet again Family Finder Batch 724. My sample was received by the lab on Feb 2 and this is the third delay now to May 1st. UGH!!

Comment

• bluewingedangel
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by vinceuher View Post
                    Delayed yet again Family Finder Batch 724. My sample was received by the lab on Feb 2 and this is the third delay now to May 1st. UGH!!
                    I can't believe it! I was up all night anticipating results as I watched batch 724 come in for others all last week. Now I am delayed until May 1st!!! My kit was also received Feb. 2nd. Ugh.

Comment

• DaveInGreece
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • Sep 2015

Batch 732

Batch 732 Family Finder now has My Origins and Ancient Origins results, but waiting for Matches and Y67.

I'm feeling very sorry for those of you who are still stuck in 724.

Comment

• DaveInGreece
                        FTDNA Customer
                        • Sep 2015

732 update

We have FF matches already! Only 4 weeks and 1 day since it was batched.

Comment

• vinceuher
                          FTDNA Customer
                          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by bluewingedangel View Post
                          I can't believe it! I was up all night anticipating results as I watched batch 724 come in for others all last week. Now I am delayed until May 1st!!! My kit was also received Feb. 2nd. Ugh.
                          I have an email into customer service to try to find out the cause of these delays. I see on here were other batches after 724 are coming in.

Comment

• abuelita
                            FTDNA Customer
                            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by DaveInGreece View Post
                            Batch 732 Family Finder now has My Origins and Ancient Origins results, but waiting for Matches and Y67.

I'm feeling very sorry for those of you who are still stuck in 724.
                            Yes. Something is very odd about 724. What could have happened? I do feel bad for you all.

What if we had been 1 mailbag earlier? We got 725 on April 6th-8th, 730 on the 9th-10th, and 731 on the 12th-13th - and are waiting for 740 and beyond.

Comment

• DaveInGreece
                              FTDNA Customer
                              • Sep 2015

I now have initial (ancestry) results for batch 733. Very relieved because I got that kit in August 2015 for an elderly man who originally agreed to take a test, but changed his mind. He changed his mind again early this year, but I was worried that the test would fail and he wouldn't agree to take a new test.

Comment

• abuelita
                                FTDNA Customer
                                • Feb 2017

740 now mid-June.

Of course, of course. They have changed the dates for 740 ff. Results are now estimated to be ready 7 to 9 weeks after it was batched. I thought this was supposed to be over soon? That they expected to catch up?

Comment

Working...
                                X