Family Tree DNA Forums

Family Tree DNA Forums (http://forums.familytreedna.com/index.php)
-   The Genographic Project (http://forums.familytreedna.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   differences betwwen GENO2 and FTDNA (http://forums.familytreedna.com/showthread.php?t=42217)

Marek 11th August 2017 10:18 PM

differences betwwen GENO2 and FTDNA
 
Hello,
my Geno2 (international) results are:
Eastern Europe 73 %
Western and Central Europe 23%
Finland and Siberia 2%
but FTDNA groups everything into one:
East Europe: 99%

Should the results be the same as the FTDNA does the processing of the samples?

Jim Barrett 12th August 2017 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marek (Post 442692)
Should the results be the same as the FTDNA does the processing of the samples?

FTDNA has not been doing the testing for US GENO2 kits for some time.

Armando 12th August 2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marek (Post 442692)
Hello,
my Geno2 (international) results are:
Eastern Europe 73 %
Western and Central Europe 23%
Finland and Siberia 2%
but FTDNA groups everything into one:
East Europe: 99%

Should the results be the same as the FTDNA does the processing of the samples?

Yes, for international customers Geno 2.0 and FTDNA myOrigins results are similar and many times identical. They use the same calculator and reference populations.

Marek 12th August 2017 09:07 PM

Thank you Armando for the response but in my case the results are not the same. If they use the same calculator and reference populations then results must be the same.

Armando 12th August 2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marek (Post 442724)
Thank you Armando for the response but in my case the results are not the same. If they use the same calculator and reference populations then results must be the same.

I forgot that Geno 2.0 didn't start using the myOrigins 2.0 calculator.

Geno 2.0 international kits still use the myOrigins 1.0 calculator.

stibo 13th August 2017 03:35 PM

MyOrigins 1.0 gave me:
51% W&C Europe
36% British Isles
11% Scandinavia
2% Finland and N. Siberia
1% Native American

Geno 2.0 Next Gen gave me (Canadian customer):
58% W&C Europe
34% GB&I
2% Finland & Siberia
2% Eastern Europe

january 21st September 2017 11:56 PM

Where in my account may I find this? It seems to have disappeared within the last couple of months. Sorry for butting in and thanks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.