Go Back   Family Tree DNA Forums > Blogs > DNAMatch an iPad Tool Alternative for Spread Sheets

DNAMatch for the iPad is an alternative to spread sheets which are commonly used in the processing of downloadable Autosomal match from FTDNA, 23andMe, and dnagedcom.com. DNAMatch tools are supported by an advance database which provides significantly more flexibility is querying and presenting results. A user friendly query interface simplifies it use.

DNAMatch uses the same CSV files that you that your DNA lab makes available to you via downloads.

See the latest announcements on DNAMatch here and your comments and suggestions are most welcome.
Rate this Entry

Multiple Autosomal DNA Match Sources

Submit "Multiple Autosomal DNA Match Sources" to Digg Submit "Multiple Autosomal DNA Match Sources" to del.icio.us Submit "Multiple Autosomal DNA Match Sources" to StumbleUpon Submit "Multiple Autosomal DNA Match Sources" to Google
Posted 17th December 2013 at 03:23 PM by svjim
Updated 17th July 2014 at 01:08 PM by svjim

A common complaint or point of confusion that I see often from users when importing autosomal match data into a spread sheet is that it can be difficult and confusing. People often go through gyrations of cutting and pasting of data and color coding overlapping segments. As a programmer when I saw what my sisters were doing in our family search for the birth family of my father, I was appalled. There just had to be an easier way -- Thus DNAMatch for the iPad.

DNAMatch currently imports the CSV autosomal match files from FTDNA, 23andMe, and dnagedcom.com with out the need for any editing, cutting, pasting etc. You can combine the data from FTDNA and 23andme in the same project if you wish or create separate projects. The app comes with an extremely powerful and simple to use query capability also.

DNAMatch requires an iPad2 or later and iOS6 or iOS7. You can find out more information about it at the support web site, http://www.dnamatch4ipad.com