Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1724 Comments 0 aidan is offline Edit Tags
Old

Trying to find great grandfather with no info

Posted 6th August 2016 at 03:55 PM by scmarquez73
Updated 6th August 2016 at 04:03 PM by scmarquez73

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmarquez73 View Post
My paternal grandmother Magdalena Gomez was born May 14th, 1911 in Cananea, Sonora Mexico to Crescencia Gomez. We learned in the past several years that she had a different father than her younger siblings who took the surname of their father Dionisio Macedo. My grandmother was not given any information of her biological father. No one knows what the situation was or if there was ever any contact. I am waiting for dna results to be processed for my father on FTDNA.My immediate family have all tested
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f66f6b10-8def-404a-8473-f97fff985eae.jpg (675.1 KB, 946 views)
FTDNA Customer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9264 Comments 0 scmarquez73 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Smith research - NC, TN, KY, SC, GA, AL, IN, IL, TX

Posted 19th July 2016 at 12:35 PM by SmittyInTheSky

Hello,

I am a member of the FTDNA Smith Group R-M269-9. My work pertains to lineages that have been tied up with Linda G. Cheek's book, "Ancestors and Descendants of Smiths".

My WordPress blog contains my best examples of my current research. I have been using the internet to research these lines for about two solid years now. I make all of my findings (and musings) available to anyone who wishes to review them. I also welcome questions and comments on my...
FTDNA Customer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2808 Comments 0 SmittyInTheSky is offline Edit Tags
Old

Hudson-Rhodes Working Hypothesis

Posted 29th December 2015 at 03:11 PM by Stephen Rhodes (Searching for Hudsons: My Journey to Find a Common Ancestor)

I am in the midst of developing a working hypothesis on how my Rhodes line is connected to the Hudson family. In looking at the relevant census records for the counties in which my Rhodes ancestors lived and around which time there was a male birth in my line.

The most fruitful possibility is Rockingham County, NC circa 1810. My 2nd great-grandfather, Joseph Rhodes, was born that year - which is fortunate because it was a census year. This would make his mother, Johanna Barnes,...
FTDNA Customer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7380 Comments 0 Stephen Rhodes is offline Edit Tags
Old

A Little About Me

Posted 28th December 2015 at 08:50 AM by Stephen Rhodes (Searching for Hudsons: My Journey to Find a Common Ancestor)

Hi! My name is Stephen Rhodes. I am a United Methodist pastor and writer in Richmond, Virginia. I am married to Lynn Rasor and together we have five children: Cora, Hannah, Sarah, Gabbie and Abraham.

I began researching my family history in earnest in the mid-1990s. I have worked on and off with it ever since. I use Family Tree Maker to keep up with my research, and currently have over 15,000 names in my database. I have uploaded my family tree gedcom to Family Tree DNA and...
FTDNA Customer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3963 Comments 0 Stephen Rhodes is offline Edit Tags