• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sylvia
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jan 2011

Batch 584 yDNA

Sample mailed back to process 8/14, and waiting for first of 37 markers. Many other various tests are extremely behind 'schedule.'What is the reason for the delay? Customers keep asking, but I have seen no answer as to why there is another wait for one to two weeks. Then, that date goes by; still no results returned.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 3 October 2014, 11:45 AM.
  • efgen
    Webinar Coordinator
    • Dec 2005

Sylvia,

The timeframes that we provide are standard estimates. There are a variety of different reasons why a test may take longer than those estimates. There's no single answer that can be provided to explain all delays -- each kit needs to be looked into separately.

In your case, was the kit mailed on 8/14 (in which case we probably received it a week or two later), or was it received by our office on 8/14?

The time estimates start from the date the kit is batched, which is the Wednesday after the kit was received.

Even if we received the kit as early as 8/14, we're still within our standard estimate for Y-DNA tests, which is 6-8 weeks.

Elise

Comment

• Sylvia
      FTDNA Customer
      • Jan 2011

Batch 584 yDNA

The kit back/mailed 8/14 date is the one on member information by his name on the Patty surname group project he joined. I am one of the admin.s.

Comment

• Sylvia
        FTDNA Customer
        • Jan 2011

First results

The first 12 markers are finally in, waiting for all 37 markers ordered.

Comment

• owen
          FTDNA Customer
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Sylvia View Post
          The first 12 markers are finally in, waiting for all 37 markers ordered.
          first 12 markers took almost 2 months?too ridiculous!my people wait for 12 markers already 6 weeks!I don't want to wait two months!!If his results not complete,I can only wait can't do next test plan!I got my 12 markers only one week,got all 67 markers total 9 days years ago.

Comment

• Mitchel_N
            FTDNA Customer
            • May 2014

Pending Haplogroup

Sylvia, is your haplogroup in a "pending" status? My y37 results from this batch were delivered on Tuesday, but the haplogroup is still pending. I'm wondering if this is normal. Kit 360579.

Comment

• QuantumBiker
              FTDNA Customer
              • Nov 2014

Batch updated to 3-5 weeks!!

We deserve an explanation please.

Comment

• QuantumBiker
                FTDNA Customer
                • Nov 2014

Still no response on batch 584

I think that no one is listening. I opened a support request last week and no response. FTDNA needs to do a better job explaining why the delay. I have already told several people to go to another site for DNA tests due to my experience here.

Comment

• Sarmat
                  R1a-YP444*, H2a2a1
                  • Mar 2012

I think that's the only thing that's going to help. That, and filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau, and then following through and not just dropping it when FTDNA gives some lame reply.

I was actually able to get some info by emailing the president of the company, but that really shouldn't be necessary.

Comment

• QuantumBiker
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Nov 2014

yet another 3-5 weeks

Few results in, they offered me $50, said another 4-6 weeks. It has been 3 weeks and now it says another 3-5!!!

Nothing at all on my mtFull Sequence!

Comment

Working...
                    X