• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sboyer
    FTDNA Customer
    • Dec 2013

Password change request

I received an email from ftdna stating they had received a password change request for one of the kits I monitor. I never requested to change the password. Anyone else ever have this happen?
  • dna
    FTDNA Customer
    • Aug 2014

Fishing?

Possibly it is another spammer harvesting passwords.

Is there a link to click? Does it really point to FTDNA website? (Do not click on it, some e-mail programs would allow you either to hover over the link to see the real target or view the source code.)

Comment

• sboyer
      FTDNA Customer
      • Dec 2013

In the email there is a new password. The old password doesn't work I haven't tried the new one. Waiting for ftdna to answer me from the posts on these board seems it will be a long wait if ever.

Comment

• LynCra
        FTDNA Customer
        • Sep 2011

If this is a kit you manage for someone else, then could the kit owner have made the password change themselves?

Comment

• sboyer
          FTDNA Customer
          • Dec 2013

It's my uncle's test he took the test years ago and doesn't want to be involved I handle it. He doesn't ever know the kit number.

Comment

• grahcom
            mtDNA: U5a2c3a | Y-DNA: I-Z63
            • Feb 2013

Is any other email address listed in the kit's profile? I manage a few of kits, so have 2 email address listed (so we both get notices etc) and either could request password change.

Comment

• dna
              FTDNA Customer
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by sboyer View Post
              In the email there is a new password. The old password doesn't work I haven't tried the new one. Waiting for ftdna to answer me from the posts on these board seems it will be a long wait if ever.
              I would try the new password, and upon login I would change it immediately to something you are not using anywhere else.

However, you are right, the situation is a little unusual. I have never experienced it. Asking FTDNA was very prudent.

Comment

Working...
              X