• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A.H.
    FTDNA Customer
    • Mar 2014

Sigh

Hello. I purchased an autosomal transfer on (about) March 8th. Although the admixture results posted in a day or two, they were *significantly* different from my Ancestry results I transferred the data from. Additionally, there were absolutely no matches. In disappointment I requested a refund and received a response from Jeremy that minus a 3% processing fee, the money was on its way. I have no problem losing 3% because it was my idea to get the refund.

After more than week with no refund, I contacted Jeremy again, asking if it would be easier to just credit the money back to my account and I would upload my Ancestry data again. In the interim I received four notification emails indicating I had matches, but there is no way to look at them because (understandably) I cancelled the original transfer.

On March 27th, after another email or two Jeremy said the money had been refunded, and I received a notice from FTDNA indicating I had purchased the transfer. It appeared he replaced my transfer order (credited the money back to my FTDNA account), which is what I wanted. I've tried to upload my data several times but receive an error message, and my homepage indicates an unpaid order. However, the money has still not hit my bank account. I am left without the refund, and no way to upload my data. I'm now unclear as to whether the money is supposed to be refunded to my bank account or was actually credited to my FTDNA account. Do you have any input?

Thanks!
  • Zaru
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by A.H. View Post
    Hello. I purchased an autosomal transfer on (about) March 8th. Although the admixture results posted in a day or two, they were *significantly* different from my Ancestry results I transferred the data from. Additionally, there were absolutely no matches. In disappointment I requested a refund and received a response from Jeremy that minus a 3% processing fee, the money was on its way. I have no problem losing 3% because it was my idea to get the refund.

After more than week with no refund, I contacted Jeremy again, asking if it would be easier to just credit the money back to my account and I would upload my Ancestry data again. In the interim I received four notification emails indicating I had matches, but there is no way to look at them because (understandably) I cancelled the original transfer.

On March 27th, after another email or two Jeremy said the money had been refunded, and I received a notice from FTDNA indicating I had purchased the transfer. It appeared he replaced my transfer order (credited the money back to my FTDNA account), which is what I wanted. I've tried to upload my data several times but receive an error message, and my homepage indicates an unpaid order. However, the money has still not hit my bank account. I am left without the refund, and no way to upload my data. I'm now unclear as to whether the money is supposed to be refunded to my bank account or was actually credited to my FTDNA account. Do you have any input?

Thanks!

Have you tried calling? I have found that this is a much more efficient way in dealing with problems at FTDNA.

Good luck!

Comment

• A.H.
      FTDNA Customer
      • Mar 2014

Yes, I have and couldn't get through.

Originally posted by Zaru View Post
      Have you tried calling? I have found that this is a much more efficient way in dealing with problems at FTDNA.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X