• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinnie
    FTDNA Customer
    • Feb 2007

yDNA results access

I would like the ability to see the yDNA results of any person who has given his permission to make his results public, even if he has not joined any group. I would like this because certain marker values help to delineate subgroups within haplogroups, and it's frustrating to have 1, 2, 3, etc. marker mis-matches and not know exactly which markers are mismatched and what the values actually are. Likewise, while someone may be more than 4 steps away on 12 markers (or 2 on 25, etc.), not everyone is interested in finding long-lost cousins, but some are more interested in ancient origins; therefore, I would like the ability to decide for myself who is "related" in some way to me, rather than FTDNA doing it by setting parameters that limit my access to records that may be pertinent to my interests. Thank you,

Vinnie
    Last edited by vinnie; 23 February 2009, 08:19 AM.
  • spruithean
    FTDNA Customer
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
    I would like the ability to see the yDNA results of any person who has given his permission to make his results public, even if he has not joined any group. I would like this because certain marker values help to delineate subgroups within haplogroups, and it's frustrating to have 1, 2, 3, etc. marker mis-matches and not know exactly which markers are mismatched and what the values actually are. Likewise, while someone may be more than 4 steps away on 12 markers (or 2 on 25, etc.), not everyone is interested in finding long-lost cousins, but some are more interested in ancient origins; therefore, I would like the ability to decide for myself who is "related" in some way to me, rather than FTDNA doing it by setting parameters that limit my access to records that may be pertinent to my interests. Thank you,

Vinnie
    I have a 23/25 match and I can't find their results anywhere on any site. They are a new match and I am curious to find what country of origin their family is from..... but I can't and I don't want to fire off emails, that they will probably ignore.

Perhaps FTDNA could get a table of comparison to matches on the myFTDNA page???

Comment

• spideydouble
      • Apr 2008

I want to be able to search by SNP.

Comment

Working...
      X